* Renaming/editing a citation source

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
Genie15
Diamond
Family Historian: V7

Renaming/editing a citation source

Post by Genie15 »

Hello readers,
I have source with the wrong title. Or would like to rename it to something more appropriate.
If I go to the individual screen at the bottom I click on Add Citation. A list of citation titles come up but I'm confused by the icons. The first row is Filter: Title/Short Title then Author then Type then a cross in a box then three dots in a box. on the bottom left hand of the screen is a box with what looks like a sheet of paper with a pendulum on it.
Are any of these relevant to my problem.
Otherwise how do I rename/edit a citation source.
tatewise
Megastar

Re: Renaming/editing a citation source

Post by tatewise »

You were exploring the way to Add Citations and select from existing Source records, which is not what you want.

You need to find the Source record that you want to be renamed.
If you know where it's cited in yellow Sources For pane, then select the Source and click Go To Source Record blue arrow.
Source For.png
Source For.png (55.93 KiB) Viewed 3790 times
Alternatively, open the Records Window, and on Sources tab use the Filter: boxes at top to find the Source.
Start typing any part of the Title in the Title/Short Title box or any part of its Type into the Type box.
When found, then double left click its Title on the left.

Now you should have the Property Box for that Source record open as shown below.
Simply edit the Title: box, or Short Title: box, or any other box as required.
SourceProperty.png
SourceProperty.png (19.71 KiB) Viewed 3790 times
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
Genie15
Diamond

Post by Genie15 »

Mike, Thank you.
It did take me three minutes to find a person using the source title in question.
I'm surprised they (citation sources) are not listed in Tools, Work with data.
tatewise
Megastar

Post by tatewise »

Tools > Work with Data provides lists of data items that are NOT records (apart from Places but that is a legacy issue).

To list all the types of records, included Sources, use the Records Window that has a Filter: to locate particular records.

If you had some idea of the Source Title, then why didn't you use the Sources tab of the Records Window?
I explained that alternative after the first screenshot. Perhaps you did not scroll down to see that?
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry