* BMD and Census Check query

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
steveflanuk
Diamond
Family Historian: V6.2

BMD and Census Check query

Post by steveflanuk »

All

Firstly, apologies if this is the wrong place to put this, but it didn't seem to fit in elsewhere on the forum.

I have created a quick BMD Census check query which, hopefully, some of you may find useful. This is not intended in any way to be a replacement for any other queries or plug-ins. Personally I use it just to help point me to where I need to possibly focus any future research.

The query lists all individuals in a project (plus a few other details) and any BMD/Census entries, indicating whether an entry exists and if there is some missing information (e.g. partial dates for births). For census entries, it checks to see if there is a census event for the year in question (including the 1939 register) and, if not, estimates whether that person was possibly alive at the time of the census. Full details of what the results mean is given in the 'Description' on the 'General' tab.

There are a large number of columns, however, I wrote this more for exporting to Excel. You can, of course, hide any columns you wish to by selecting the column in the 'Columns' tab and then choosing 'Hidden' from the 'Type:' drop down menu at the bottom of the screen.

Regards

Steve
Attachments
BMD Census Check.fhq
(12.53 KiB) Downloaded 225 times
tatewise
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Re: BMD and Census Check query

Post by tatewise »

Steve, the best option is to add it to the fhugdownloads:index|> Downloads and Links.
Follow the link to fhugdownloads:add_downloads|> How to Add Downloads and Links.
And then to fhugdownloads:contents:add_download_form|> Add a Downloadable File.
It should all be fairly self explanatory, but if you need advice then ask before clicking Submit Download.
You cannot break anything, and any tidying up can be done by any of the Moderators.

To see what other downloads look like, see fhugdownloads:queriesindi|> Downloads and Links ~ Query Type: Individual.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry