* adding a repository to multiple sources

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile
BillH
Megastar
Family Historian: V6.2

adding a repository to multiple sources

Post by BillH » 03 Feb 2017 00:46

I created a lot of sources in the days before I started using repositories. Now I'm trying to go back and update the old sources. Is there a way to add a repository to multiple sources all at once instead of having to update them one at a time. I have quite a few sources that I know all came from the same repository and hate to have to do them one at a time.

Thanks

rodit
Famous

Re: adding a repository to multiple sources

Post by rodit » 03 Feb 2017 06:11

Bill
I had a similar problem some time back and it was solved by Mike Tate with a Plugin.

I am not sure how to copy the post, but if you enter "Adding a Repository" in the Search box and scroll down to October 15 2015, you will find my post (Rodit) and Mike Tate's reply, plus a plugin which solves it all.

Good Luck

Roger

BillH
Megastar

Post by BillH » 03 Feb 2017 06:37

Roger,

I found the plugin and installed it. I think this would work for my census records, although I have other types as well that need fixing.

I tried it, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to make it work. If I run the plugin and select yes on the window that pops up to select only one repository nothing happens. I went to my sources and looked and none had been changed.

Can you tell me step by step how to make it work?

Thanks

tatewise
Megastar

Post by tatewise » 03 Feb 2017 16:48

First of all Bill did you read in Adding a Repository (12950) to see what the Plugin does?
Secondly there is no Yes option.

It sounds like you need to be able to select a subset of Source records and one Repository record to add to them all?

Try the Attachment updated Plugin that prompts for Sources and a Repository and gives a Result Set of changed Sources.
Attachments
Add Repository to Source.fh_lua
(1.26 KiB) Downloaded 83 times
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry

BillH
Megastar

Post by BillH » 03 Feb 2017 18:01

Mike,

I had read it and thought it might work for just my census sources, but I knew it wouldn't work for my other sources. I had meant to say OK rather than YES... another senior moment.

This new version of the plugin works great. Just what I needed. This will make quick work of fixing my source records that don't have repositories.

Thanks!