* Problems with Find My Past hints

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
susanpenter
Platinum
Family Historian: V6.1

Problems with Find My Past hints

Post by susanpenter »

I have been using these recently with great success however I have tried several times at the beginning of the day and again this evening after work and run in to problems. I have chosen for the hints to lead in an external website rather than with the software however as soon as I open the hint to get the information the following screen is loaded.

https://www.diigo.com/item/image/2911/c1rq

I have not managed to get to the bottom of whether this is a problem with the hints or the find my past website. I wondered if anyone else was experiencing similar problems today.

Thanks,

Susan
Susan Pearson
Researching: Penter, Todd, Hitch, Sowry
ireneblackburn
Superstar
Family Historian: V6

Re: Problems with Find My Past hints

Post by ireneblackburn »

Finmypast are giving free access to records from hints this week, regardless of what type, if any, subscription you have. Response times are very slow at times and there are often messages to say there is a problem, try again. This could be causing the problems you are seeing.
Irene

My family tree is full of nuts
jbtapscott
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Post by jbtapscott »

I use FMP both via the hints in FH and directly (aith my account) and am also finding failures / very slow running during the times you mention - I suspect FMP might need to improve their hardware, especially if they continue offering free access
Brent Tapscott ~ researching the Tapscott and Wallace family history
Tapscott & Wallace family tree
susanpenter
Platinum
Family Historian: V6.1

Post by susanpenter »

I finally managed to fix this, I used a different browser and it worked fine, so I went back to Chrome and cleared my browser history and cookies and the problem was gone, strange but there we go!
Susan Pearson
Researching: Penter, Todd, Hitch, Sowry