* Publishing book from pdf file

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
bp158
Platinum
Family Historian: V7

Publishing book from pdf file

Post by bp158 »

I have produced a pdf file using the publish book in FH and am very pleased with the result. It is already nearly 70 pages long and I may extend it. Is it acceptable to ask if anyone has used a publisher to print their book and any recommendations they may have? I sent a digital copy to family who approved it, but would like a hard copy.
Barbara
tatewise
Megastar

Re: Publishing book from pdf file

Post by tatewise »

You can simply print the PDF file to your PC printer to get a hard copy.

Alternatively, there is the fhugdownloads:publishers|> Downloads and Links ~ Publishers list, but almost any local printer company should be able print directly from a PDF file in A4 format.

I regularly send a 50 page PDF by E-mail to our local printer to publish 2,000 copies of our local community magazine stapled into a booklet. They work out how to organise the pages into the correct order to print the sheets double-sided such that they form a booklet.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
Jane
Site Admin

Post by Jane »

I use Blurb for Photobooks and Lulu for text books, if you want you can sell copies of your book from Lulu as Calico do for "Getting The Most..." and you can order just one copy or many.
Jane
My Family History : My Photography "Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."
bp158
Platinum

Post by bp158 »

Thank you both for your input. Not yet sure how I will go about it. I may try importing the pdf file into Serifs Page Plus first as I can edit it there. I think I really want a hard back book, rather than printed pages My History seem to be the only ones on the list here that does that. I will have a look at Lulu and Blurb as well.