* Lost Cousins again

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
Valkrider
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Lost Cousins again

Post by Valkrider »

I have looked through the old posts about a Lost Cousins query / report and am still struggling to get a report that is suitable for transcribing direct into the LC site. Does one actually exist? Or shall I struggle on trying to create one? All my census details have been entered using Ancestral Sources so all the information is already there. It is a pity there is no direct import into the LC website.

I have looked at FT Analyser but that doesn't extract all the information from the gedcom. Unless I am using it wrongly.
tatewise
Megastar

Re: Lost Cousins again

Post by tatewise »

Firstly, I believe that FTA does NOT interact in any way with the LC website.
It simply lists all your Census Events that are candidates for the LC web site, and the option to use Lost Cousins custom facts to exclude associated Census Events from the lists.

I am not familiar with the methods of entering data into the LC web site, but it seems that only a few Census Years and Countries are relevant, and those are the ones listed by FTA.

A possible reason for FTA not listing every Event you expected is that it is fussy about how you record the Country as well as the Year.
The Country such as England or Wales must be the last word before a comma or the end of the Place field.
So London, England, UK is recognised as England but London, England UK without the 2nd comma is not.

It should be straightforward to create a Custom Query based on the All Facts query that just lists Census Events for the Years and Countries required.
The Rows tab filters will only include Census events, and then exclude those with wrong Date:Year and wrong Place Country.
If you extra help with this then please ask.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
Valkrider
Megastar

Post by Valkrider »

Mike

Thanks I am glad that I haven't missed anything.

I am concentrating on the England 1881 census input at the moment to LC I will worry about 1841 and 1911 later. This is the basic input screen.
lc.jpg
lc.jpg (30.92 KiB) Viewed 5080 times
I will try and get the query sorted for this and come back if I can't, thanks for the offer. I need to sort out how to get all the entries for the same fact as one because like Ancestral Sources you then add the remaining members of the family on the next screen.
tatewise
Megastar

Post by tatewise »

There was a recent discussion on the FHU Mailings about this topic.
At http://archiver.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/search and set Body to Family Tree Analyser Lost Cousins and Date as Nov 2013 and Search.

Either reply to the thread, or E-mail ninajenkins19@gmail.com who says she is very familiar with LC.
tatewise
Megastar

Post by tatewise »

Regarding the Facts Query you will need to add Columns for Piece & Folio & Page as well as Age.
The details of the Data Ref(s) for the former will depend on where you have recorded that information.
Is it in the Citation > Where Within Source or the Source Record > Publication Info or somewhere else?
Once in Column(s), if you set Sort: Ascending on them, the Result Set will list everyone on the same Census together.

Alternatively, include the linked Census Record in a Column, then just double-click it to show its Property Box which presumably has all the info together as gathered by AS.