* individual narrative report

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
royp
Gold
Family Historian: V7

individual narrative report

Post by royp »

When I print out a report I get a little graphic of a document, say a birth cert or marriage cert in the sources section of the report. I do not get these graphics for every souces that is indicated such as a census. I do have these files in the system and registered against each name for the report.

TIA

royp

ID:6672
tatewise
Megastar

Post by tatewise »

You are not the first to find that the default Report settings for Sources are unsatisfactory.

See Report Options ~ Pictures and Sources tabs.
Although aimed at HTML Reports for web pages, the same settings help other Reports.
royp
Gold

Post by royp »

thanks for your advise on this matter, I have played with the settings but there is no difference to the report.

Do you know if this is going to be addressed in future updates.

regards royp
LornaCraig
Megastar

Post by LornaCraig »

From your original post I gather your main question is why the report is displaying images for some sources but not for others.

You mentioned censuses as an example of sources for which no image is displayed. Have you perhaps used a different technique for linking images to these sources? Do you link each census image to its own separate source, or do you use a single source for a census year, for example a source called '1881 census', and link your various 1881 census images to separate CITATIONS of the same source? (If you use Ancestral Sources to enter your census data, this is the difference between Method 1 and Method 2).

In the Report Options on the Sources tab, do you have both 'Show Source Pictures' AND 'Show Source Citation Pictures' ticked?
tatewise
Megastar

Post by tatewise »

Roy, I am surprised that adjusting ALL the settings on both the Pictures tab and Sources tab had NO effect at all.

Changing the Height and Width settings has got to make the images bigger, although you may have to tick Enlarge Small Pictures to Max. Width.

With the relevant Report open, remember to click OK after changing the settings, and review the immediate change in the Report.

Have you really checked all the relevant settings mentioned in the Report Options ~ Pictures and Sources link above?.

As Lorna mentions, can clarify where your Multimedia images are linked into your data.