* upgradefh5to_5.0.7

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
barbaramac
Diamond
Family Historian: V6.2

upgradefh5to_5.0.7

Post by barbaramac »

Just paid to upgrade from v4 to v5, installed it, then downloaded the upgrade for 5.0.7. When I tried to run it error message 1314 appears: ShellExecuteExfailed. a required priviledge is not held by the client.
So I still only have v5 I can use. Have check in my security program and can't find any info there can anyone throw some light onto this for me please.

Many thanks
Barb

ID:6515
Jane
Site Admin
Family Historian: V7

upgradefh5to_5.0.7

Post by Jane »

Make sure you are using a full Administration user to install Family Historian.

If you are using an Admin user, try turning off your Antivirus while installing, permission issues are normally caused by one or other of these.
barbaramac
Diamond

upgradefh5to_5.0.7

Post by barbaramac »

Hi Jane,
I am the admistrater & user of computer, have turned off security/antivirus software and downloaded the upgrade once more and still get the same message of no priviledge to this program, any good unistaling fh and reinstaling??? not that I am happy about doing that.

Barb
Jane
Site Admin

upgradefh5to_5.0.7

Post by Jane »

Have you tried, clearing your internet cache and re-downloading, then right clicking and selecting Run as Administrator.

BTW I have deleted your duplicate post.
barbaramac
Diamond

upgradefh5to_5.0.7

Post by barbaramac »

Hi Jane,
Thank for deleting duplicate post, sorry about that. I have done all you say still same thing, so I went into accounts/permissions etc again and unchecked a few things (not sure what as I was just trying everything) also uncheck to run as administrator then restarted. Just downloaded upgrade one more time then it actually allowed me access this time ALL FIXED NOW very happy thank you for your patience.[smile]
Barb
barbaramac
Diamond

upgradefh5to_5.0.7

Post by barbaramac »

Hello Jane,
Back with same problem after closing down fh and logging off computer I re opened fh just now and the upgrade 5 to5.0.7 is not on only v5. I downloaded the upgrade again and when I click run the wizard does its work then an error message (different one this time) ERrror 126 says Cannot find import;DLL may be missing, corrupt or wrong version file '_source40.dll,' so I don't know how to go about it now.

Barb[frown]
tatewise
Megastar

upgradefh5to_5.0.7

Post by tatewise »

How are you checking which version of FH is installed?
The opening windows will still say FH Version 5.0.
You must use Help > About Family Historian to check exactly which version it is.
So you may not have needed to install again!

The error code 126 has been reported before as being caused by installing the upgrade to 5.0.7 while FH was still open.
barbaramac
Diamond

upgradefh5to_5.0.7

Post by barbaramac »

Hello,
FH not open when I run the download, and I open fh, click on help then about family historian and it says v5, I will shut computer down overnight re-boot in the morning and I guess start over once again.

Barb
tatewise
Megastar

upgradefh5to_5.0.7

Post by tatewise »

To be pedantic the About Family Historian window should say Family Historian Version 5.0.0 or 5.0.7, etc, but never just Version 5.

I cannot understand how a successful V5.0.7 installation could magically roll-back to a V5.0.0 installation.

Can you please confirm the filename of the download that you are trying to install?

It can sometimes help to right-click on the download file and select Properties, then click the Unblock button and click OK.
barbaramac
Diamond

upgradefh5to_5.0.7

Post by barbaramac »

Hello Tatewise,
Okay clicked on help>about family historian> v5.0.0.
I am trying to install file name: upgrade_fh5_to5.0.7exe.
I have just downloaded once again and right click on the file,>clicked UNBLOCK & OK. Wizard opens and installs then same error message appears again (erreor 126). Like you I could not understand how before I closed the computer off yesterday that going to help>about fh it showed v5.0.7 now its back to v5.0.0???
Barb
barbaramac
Diamond

upgradefh5to_5.0.7

Post by barbaramac »

Hello again,

Hopefully I have solved my problem now..I changed browser from Safari the Google Chrome downloaded upgrade,wizard installed it and (no error msg) went into help>about fh> V5.0.7 have now closed it and am logging off for a few hours hope it stays that way. Just wanted to inform you that I think I won't have to bother you on this again.

many thanks for the help you people gave me

barb