* Customize Citation Window - Template Field Line Heights

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
sbell95
Famous
Family Historian: V7

Customize Citation Window - Template Field Line Heights

Post by sbell95 »

Hi all,

I have been experimenting with creating different source templates and think I have settled on a very basic one. However, I would like to have larger/expanded boxes for each of the fields (see highlighted). I tried experimenting with the 'Customize Citation Window' options, but the editing features for <Template Fields> is disabled, and I can't seem to use <Custom Item> to manually add the data reference to the template fields in order to alter the line height of the fields to 'multiple' or 'variable'. I also checked the options within the source template definition editor itself, but there doesn't seem to be a way to indicate the height of a field. Is there a way to achieve what I want here, or am I stuck with a long single-height line for each template field?

As a side query, is there a way of making my URL links live/hyperlinked in these citations so that they're clickable in reports? Or can they be plain text only? And what about italicising certain words like 'Ancestry'? Inserting standard HTML <i> tags doesn't seem to work...

Thanks!
Attachments
Screenshot 2021-09-23 093208.jpg
Screenshot 2021-09-23 093208.jpg (172.94 KiB) Viewed 811 times
Sarah Bell – Australia
tatewise
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Re: Customize Citation Window - Template Field Line Heights

Post by tatewise »

I don't think there is a way to enlarge the metafield boxes.
For Text type fields I can see it would be useful to either have a larger box or a [...] button on the right to open an edit window like Note fields. Try suggesting that to CP and/or Vote for Wish List Ref 545 Edit window for short Text fields that would also apply to Text metafields.

Style codes such a <i> can only be applied to an entire metafield and not specific words.

To make a URL more active try using a URL type of metafield.
However, once a Report is saved as a PDF I think all URL become active links.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry