* Number of Siblings - Alternate Use of Database

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
RickL
Family Historian: V7

Number of Siblings - Alternate Use of Database

Post by RickL »

One of my ancestors was a prolific painter and we have many of those painting available in digital form.

So here is an odd question for you all:

If I were to set up a dummy Parent entry (ie. Zelig's Paintings) and enter each painting as a sibling, is anyone aware of the maximum number that could be entered?

Or, can anyone suggest another way that the collection could be entered and visualized?

Many thanks in advance!

Rick L.
tatewise
Megastar

Re: Number of Siblings - Alternate Use of Database

Post by tatewise »

Welcome to the FHUG Rick.

There is no limit to the number of siblings, or the number of Media that can be attached to the artist themself.

There are various other options.
Create a Source record with all the Media items of artwork attached and link that Source to the person.
Create a custom attribute such as Hobby with the value of Painting and attach all the artwork Media to that Hobby fact.
I'm sure there must be others.

An important question you need to resolve is how do you want them 'visualized'?
All the above methods allow them to be 'visualized in FH, but what about in Reports?
Beware that attaching them to Siblings has an impact in Diagrams and Reports that may be unwanted.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
RickL

Re: Number of Siblings - Alternate Use of Database

Post by RickL »

Thank you Mike for that comprehensive reply! This will require a wee bit of thought as I don't want to make a non-issue into a big issue!

best,

Rick