* Courses for Family Historian

News and Announcements from the Family Historian World
admin
Famous
Family Historian: V6

Courses for Family Historian

Post by admin »

The following courses are available in the coming weeks, SOG courses are in London and My History ones in Mexborough, South Yorkshire. :
  • Tues 25th October (half day) 'Family Historian for Beginners', by My History.
  • Sat 3 Dec 10:30am-1pm 'Family Historian Software for Advanced Users', by John Hanson, for the Society of Genealogists.
  • Weds 7 Dec 2-5pm 'Family Historian Software Practical' (must bring a laptop), by John Hanson, for the Society of Genealogists.
  • Tues 14th February2012 (half day) 'Family Historian for Beginners', by My History.
The Society of Genealogist courses are held at the Society of Genealogists, 14 Charterhouse Buildings, Goswell Rd, London, EC1M 7BA. They can be booked by telephone (020 7553 3290) or through the SoG website (http://www.sog.org.uk). Cost £17.50 (£14.00 for SoG members). See this page for more details about SoG courses: http://www.sog.org.uk/events/calendar.shtml

My History courses are held at 4 Mexborough Business Centre, College Road, Mexborough, South Yorkshire, S64 9JP. Cost £25.00. See this page for more details about My History courses: http://www.my-history.co.uk/acatalog/Fa ... urses.html
Keithnh
Silver

Post by Keithnh »

I have read the list of courses for FH with interest. Naturally they are all UK based, but has anyone thought of doing something similar for those of us not based in the UK? At my local Motel users of a rival software (Master Genealogist) from the Sydney area get together once a year for a two or three day seminar which looks seriously hands-on: they all sit around peering into their laptops. Is there any mechanism for getting together users of FH in the Sydney area, for example, or does such a group already exist?
sue120502
Platinum
Family Historian: None

Post by sue120502 »

It's a pity all courses are in London. I live in the north west of England and it would cost a fortune to get to London and stay over at least two nights, in order to attend at course. Why not hold a course further north? Perhaps you could do a survey to see how many people were interested and make a decision as to whether or not it would be viable.
admin
Famous

Post by admin »

The My History Courses are in Mexborough, South Yorkshire.
Yasmin
Silver
Family Historian: None

Post by Yasmin »

I live in the South West in Devon and cant get to London, can a course not be organised more down this way, say Bristol.