* News of Family Historian version 4

News and Announcements from the Family Historian World
admin
Famous
Family Historian: V6

News of Family Historian version 4

Post by admin »

From Simon Orde :

News of Family Historian version 4 - and a Christmas Offer!

I am very pleased to say that we have today announced details of version 4 of Family Historian, which is due for release in February 2009.  Also, we are doing a Christmas offer whereby anyone who buys a boxed copy of version 3 from one of a list of named stockists, from today ( 26 Nov 2008 ) onwards, will be entitled to a free CD upgrade to version 4 when available.  Also, from 26 Nov onwards until version 4 comes out, anyone who purchases a licence for the download version of version 3 will be entitled to a free downloadable upgrade to version 4 when available.  This offer only applies to purchases of the full version - i.e. it does not apply to purchases of upgrades to version 3.

For more details about version 4, and the Christmas offer, please see this
press release:

http://www.familyhistoriansoftware.co.u ... elease.pdf

Simon Orde
List Administrator & Family Historian designer
RalfofAmber
Famous
Family Historian: None

Post by RalfofAmber »

Excellent - looking forward to next year already!
ColinEarl
Gold

Post by ColinEarl »

I am in the process of returning to Fam Hist research after a gap of a year or so. I've been busily catching up on the news and download files etc but although I have read it several times I still don't understand if I can buy an upgrade to V4 and at what price when it is released. In my Family History file (Paper) I have a disc of version 2.1.8, also a disc of Fam Hist 3 marked upgrade to v 3.0.0 with its registration key. I have no boxes in which the discs came, they take up too much space.
How much have I to save up for?
In the meantime I will continue to re explore all the data I have so far accumilated in my previous 2/3 years researches. Would any body offer any website preferences, for access to research material. I ask this because I subscribed to several before but will now have to watch my pennies very closely.
admin
Famous
Family Historian: V6

Post by admin »

Colin, remember you don't need to buy the upgrade to V4, unless you want to or need specific functions from the new version. My guess the upgrade will be around the £25 mark, but it's not been announced yet.

With regard to sites, I would suggest posting a question to the forums, rather than here on the comments.
CrystalB

Post by CrystalB »

Last week I bought Family Historian 3 when it became available at the USA Target Stores. Will they be added to your stockist list for the free CD upgrade?
dstirling

Post by dstirling »

I bought version 3 just a few weeks ago for thirty-odd quid, and now they threaten to charge me twenty-five for V.4.
I feel cheated, and wonder if they shouldn't offer a discount for recent purchasers of V.3.

What do others feel about this ?
NickWalker
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Post by NickWalker »

You presumably bought around October 2008. By the time the new version is out it will be 4 months old. They've already generously agreed to give a free update to those buying it over 2 months before. Everytime something new appears there will always be someone who has bought the previous version just before. Anyway I'm sure we'll all be able to get it cheaper as an upgrade rather than paying for the full product.
rfj1001
Superstar
Family Historian: V7

Post by rfj1001 »

Is there a release date yet?
verybigkid

Post by verybigkid »

It has turned to February and I wonder if there is any better 'idea' of a likely release of V.4 than February 2009.