* Happy New Year

News and Announcements from the Family Historian World
admin
Famous
Family Historian: V6

Happy New Year

Post by admin »

Happy New Year to all our members, may 2012 bring down your brick walls, and grow your tree.

Don't forget to use the Amazon link on this site when you go sale shopping, as if you follow the link, FHUG will get a percentage of your purchase and it won't cost you any more. The same is true for My History so if you want to get some archival storage or even a chart printed if you go to them via the link FHUG will again get a small percentage. All of which helps cover the running costs of the site.
Wilfreda99
Diamond
Family Historian: V7

Happy New Year

Post by Wilfreda99 »

Lovely lights.
I have been meaning to buy some archival storage so looked on the link to My History. Obviously could spend a fortune, so I would welcome some comments as to the most important items to buy? If the certificates fade my descendants could buy some more if they want to, I guess. If I scan in all my photos do I need to worry about preserving the originals?
admin
Famous
Family Historian: V6

Happy New Year

Post by admin »

I tend to take most care of photographs, as even though I have scanned them, scanners are improving all the time so I like to ensure the photographs are kept as well as possible, I just keep my certificates in a archival box, as I don't access them often as I scan them in as source media to my main project.
Wilfreda99
Diamond
Family Historian: V7

Happy New Year

Post by Wilfreda99 »

Thanks for the info, that sounds good sense. Now to measure my photos to find the best average size wallet......