* iPad/iPhone and Android - Beta now Closed.

News and Announcements from the Family Historian World
admin
Famous
Family Historian: V6

iPad/iPhone and Android - Beta now Closed.

Post by admin »

Image Image
I have been approached by TelGen who have developed a new application which will Sync with Family Historian Gedcom files and can be used on iOS devices as well as Android ones, they are currently looking for Beta Testers for the application.
You can read more about the current version which works for Legacy here
Please see below for details from Telgen
I hope to have an initial version of the GEDCOM support available for beta testing next week if you’re still interested. 99% of the changes are in the Families Sync program which runs on the PC and will convert the GEDCOM file to the format required by the Families app and back again. The iOS and Android versions of the app in fact don’t need any changes for the initial testing but will probably need some minor cosmetic changes later, mainly to hide some Legacy-specific aspects when working with a file which originated from GEDCOM.

Each tester will need to:

1. install a test version of Families Sync from the Families web site, using a URL which I’ll provide.

2. install the iOS or Android version of the Families app on a mobile device. For the iOS version we’ll be using the TestFlight service, which provides an easy and efficient way for us to distribute beta versions of the app. For Android, I’ll send the installation file (*.apk) by email as required.

It won’t be necessary for beta testers to purchase any software.

Beta testers should be prepared to send their GEDCOM file to us when required to enable us to reproduce and fix bugs; the data will be treated in strict confidence.

Ideally we would like a mix of testers with iOS and Android devices and with phone and tablet devices. However, this isn’t too critical as the main focus of testing, at least initially, will be to ensure the correct conversion of data between Family Historian and Families, rather than on presentation issues (the app has already been well tested by Legacy users!). Please let me know if you’re willing and able to participate in this beta testing, and how many others you may be able to persuade to join in.
To request to take part in the trial please send an email to    families@telgen.co.uk and remember to say you are looking to take part in the Family Historian Gedcom trial of Families.
PeterR
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

iPad/iPhone and Android - Beta now Closed.

Post by PeterR »

I received the following on 02 May 2012:

Thank you for your interest in beta testing the GEDCOM support in the Families app. We have sufficient testers for the present but will keep your contact details on file in case we need further testers in future.

Malcolm Green