* Ancestral Sources v7.3.5 Update

News and Announcements from the Family Historian World
NickWalker
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Ancestral Sources v7.3.5 Update

Post by NickWalker »

I've released an update to Ancestral Sources version 7.3. My main motivation was to include the 1950 US Census template and also to update the 'donate to AS via Paypal' link which stopped working in recent weeks. These are the new features and fixes:
  • Added a census template for the 1950 USA Census, kindly created and supplied by Bill Henshaw. I did make some very small changes to the template to make it more closely match the format used for other census templates.
  • For those who make use of custom IDs for individuals, there is now a CustomID autotext keyword that can be used to display this. This was added following a conversation with 'Little.auk' on the FHUG forums.
  • In census template generic columns it has always been possible to specify that the details get appended to the census or occupation fact local note. It is now also possible to do this for other column types
  • MichaelM on the FHUG forums reported that following a reload the AS main form loses focus. This should now be fixed.
  • Fixed an error that could occur when using autotext template functions on the title templates under Options.
  • Tony Jones asked if AS could be updated to allow a quarter date to be entered with a lower case q as well as a capital Q. This has been implemented.
  • The Donate to Ancestral Sources via Paypal link had stopped working and has now been updated.
Post Edited: I released v7.3.4 on 16th April and then had a report that the scroll bars sometimes didn't display on the source/note text boxes so I replaced with v7.3.5 the next day to correct this.
Nick Walker
Ancestral Sources Developer

https://fhug.org.uk/kb/kb-article/ancestral-sources/
tatewise
Megastar

Re: Ancestral Sources v7.3.4 Update

Post by tatewise »

Nick, the KB article is titled 'Ancestral Sources v7.3' rather than 'Ancestral Sources v7.3.4'

So my Ancestral Sources Data Entry plugin does not alert users to the new AS version.
Is it possible to include the 3rd version digit in the title please?
NickWalker
Megastar

Re: Ancestral Sources v7.3.4 Update

Post by NickWalker »

I've not use the minor version number on the knowledge base for a long time now. As I've mentioned before you should use the update.xml file that records the current version. I want to be able to release minor version updates sometimes without feeling like it needs to be announced or publicised.

It might be more sensible to just remove the version check from the plugin. AS checks for updates automatically itself so it just seems to replicate this unnecessarily.
Nick Walker
Ancestral Sources Developer

https://fhug.org.uk/kb/kb-article/ancestral-sources/