FHU Mailing List
The [FHU] Mailing List is a public mailing and all users and potential users are free and welcome to join. They are a friendly group of people there to help, and the program's author drops by about once a week. The [FHU] Mailing List is separate from this site and is managed by Simon Orde of Calico Pie Limited, not the admin for this site. Please note in common with all other mailing lists, once subscribed you will receive ALL messages sent to the list, not only replies to your own messages.
- [FHU] Making the most of famiy Historian 6... (2017/02/21 02:46)
- [FHU] This week's active discussion topics in the FHUG Forums (2017/02/17 07:07)
- Re: [FHU] Lists (2017/02/13 15:16)
- [FHU] Lists (2017/02/13 13:30)
- Re: [FHU] FH tree into OneDrive (2017/02/10 20:40)
- [FHU] FH tree into OneDrive (2017/02/10 17:52)
- Re: [FHU] Event Source Type (2017/02/10 10:40)
- Re: [FHU] Event Source Type (2017/02/10 08:57)
- Re: [FHU] Event Source Type (2017/02/10 07:37)
- Re: [FHU] Event Source Type (2017/02/10 07:33)
The archives are a good place to search prior to asking questions on the list. The limitation is that you must search each year in turn.
Joining and Leaving the List
The list comes in Mail and Digest modes. Both modes send the very same list mail to you. The difference is how that list mail is sent:
- The main form of the list is single message Mail mode. You will receive a copy of every message posted to the list as a single E-mail. This is sent out almost immediately. Mail mode may be shown as family-historian-users-L@rootsweb.com although it is no longer necessary to add the -L to the list name but either way will work.
- In the Digest mode, you receive several messages grouped in one E-mail every day or so, depending on how busy the list is. Digest mode is signified with family-historian-users-D@rootsweb.com.
Note: You can only subscribe to one mode at a time. If you wish to receive both modes, you will need to subscribe with a second E-mail address.
To join Mail mode FAMILY-HISTORIAN-USERS-L, send E-mail to
email@example.com with the single word subscribe in the message subject and body.
To join Digest mode FAMILY-HISTORIAN-USERS-D, do the same thing with
firstname.lastname@example.org with subscribe digest in the message subject and body.
To leave FAMILY-HISTORIAN-USERS-L or FAMILY-HISTORIAN-USERS-D, send mail to
email@example.com with the single word unsubscribe in the message subject and body.
Alternately visit The List Server and use the forms available
For questions about this list, contact the list administrator at FAMILY-HISTORIAN-USERSfirstname.lastname@example.org.
Can messages be sent to the list if I have not been subscribed?
The short answer is NO!. This is to protect you from spam, nuisances, etc. However, the list is not moderated. Any message sent to it is automatically distributed to everyone on the list.
The list is quiet - I haven't received any messages for 24 hours
If you find that you have not received a message via the list for 24 hours, you may have been unsubscribed. The Rootsweb list computer will automatically unsubscribe you after a certain number of messages have bounced from your E-mail address. If you think this has happened to you, then just SUBSCRIBE again.
What do I need to do if I change my E-mail address?
I'm going on holiday - should I unsubscribe?
If you are going to be away for a while, and will not be able to download mail, then you are advised to UNSUBSCRIBE from the list before you go, and SUBSCRIBE again when you return. On your return you may wish to catch up on messages by searching the list archive.