For lots of alternative documentation on Family Historian (ƒh) please see:
If you are new to Family Historian (ƒh) then this is where you should begin.
Using and Recording Sources
Downloading Additional Features
Once you have mastered the basics then these techniques focus on more advanced capabilities, and although grouped under topics, they often involve other related features.
Records & Records Window
Diagrams & Charts
Queries & Expressions
- Downloading a Custom Query All versions
- Creating a Query V3 and above
- Find and Mark Twins (How To) V3 and above
- Calculate the length of a marriage (How To) V4 and above
- Use PSPad to Format Functions V3 and above
- Display long text such as Notes All versions
- Sort Fact Query on Owner Surname V5 and above
Export/Import & Backup/Restore
- Exporting a Family Tree with/without Media V5 and above
- Exporting with Split Tree Helper V3 and above
- Create an export Gedcom based on a diagram (How To) V4 and above
- Backup and Recovery All versions
Publish Reports, Books, or Family Trees
In this section advice is presented in a condensed format for experts.
Whether you need to install FH from scratch, or move it with all your projects & settings to a new PC or Mac, then these topics should help.
Importing to Family Historian
If you are new to Family Historian ensure you have the latest version by using Help > Check for Updates.
Explore the topics in the order listed below to repair common residual problems.