* copying source record

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
Johnr65
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

copying source record

Post by Johnr65 »

Before I used to be able to copy a source with my mouse and it would stay there so that I could paste the same source to another fact or individual, I don't seem to be able to do that since I redownloaded the program today. Is there a short cut or tool that will do this? :?:
tatewise
Megastar

Re: copying source record

Post by tatewise »

I guess this follows on from FH6 program (14725) and must ask if you've created a how_to:family_historian_installation_details#installation_archive|> Installation Archive so it won't happen again?

Have you now got at least FH V6.2.2 installed?
Check by using Help > About Family Historian and if not Version 6.2.2 or 6.2.3 then download and install from http://www.family-historian.co.uk/downl ... ee-upgrade.

I think you are talking about copying an existing Source Citation from one Fact to another Fact.

In the yellow Sources For pane with the existing Source Citation click the Copy Citation button in its toolbar.
(It is the icon with two white documents to the right of the yellow + Add Citation button.)

Then select the Fact you want to copy to, and in the yellow Sources For pane click the Paste Citation button.
(It is the icon with a yellow clipboard & white document to the right of the Copy Citation button.)
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
Johnr65
Megastar

Post by Johnr65 »

Thank you Mike, it seems to be working OK now but wasn't before. I've got version 6.2.2 but when I open the program it says it's a trial version and I've got to enter the key!
Another query should I back up the settings for future reference or are they OK from 2015? :?:
tatewise
Megastar

Post by tatewise »

John, please pursue the discussion about your FH installation in the FH6 program (14725) thread.
You clearly have NOT got a licensed copy installed and the Trial copy will expire in 30 days and become unusable.
This is urgent.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry