* My History Family Historian Courses in Yorkshire

News and Announcements from the Family Historian World
admin
Famous
Family Historian: V7

My History Family Historian Courses in Yorkshire

Post by admin »

17th October 2009

As a result of requests from many users of the Family Historian (FH) software 'My History' are pleased to announce the first training courses to be held at My History on 17 October 2009.

There are two courses planned for the same day:
i) Morning Beginners course
ii) Afternoon Intermediate course

The lecturer for the two courses will be Jane Taubman who runs the Family Historian User Group at http://www.fhug.org.uk. Jane has used FH for her own family history since version 2 in 2002 and has previously lectured about the software at exhibitions organised by the Society of Genealogists in London. Jane will be well known to user group members as she answers many of the queries that crop up on the user group mailing list.

Date: Saturday 17 October 2009
Venue: Conference Room, Mexborough Business Centre, Mexborough, South Yorkshire, S64 9JP. The Business Centre is just 15 minutes walk from Mexborough railway station. There is a free car park.

Both the morning and afternoon course will consist of two 1 hour lectures, each followed by a 15 minute question and answer session. There will also be a 30 minute hands-on-session and coffee break between the lectures.

Lunch - A buffet lunch will be provided for all participants giving you the opportunity to chat with other Family Historian users from both the morning and afternoon courses. There will also be an opportunity to use the computers that have been set up in the lunch area for further hands-on sessions.

See the My History Site for booking and pricing.
wizardx
Family Historian: None

Post by wizardx »

That's me signed up for both parts. Looking forward to it.
Jane, will it be ok to bring my own computer along?
Also, will the course have leaflets or booklets given to participants like Where to Record It: In Family Historian 4 :)
admin
Famous
Family Historian: V7

Post by admin »

You own computer should be fine, I am not sure if the venue will have available power sockets for extra machines so make sure your batteries are charged.

It was not in the plan to provide booklet type documentation, to my knowledge.
sue120502
Platinum

Post by sue120502 »

Are you going to present any more courses in the North (North West England would be great)?

My name will be on the list provided I'm not on holiday, as I am for the October courses.

Thanks
Sue
wizardx

Post by wizardx »

I would just like to thank Jane for the course on Saturday last.
It was very informative and well presented. I had a great time and met lots of very nice people.
A big thank you and well done Jane.
Max
Family Historian: V5

Post by Max »

Please can you tell me if any Family History Courses are planned for 2010 in the Yorkshire Area

Thanks

GMJ