* Removing images from individual summary reports

Older V2 Queries please post for any version in the General Forum
Sylvia5401
Gold
Family Historian: V2

Removing images from individual summary reports

Post by Sylvia5401 »

I have FH2.3.  Many years ago I set it up to allow linked images e.g. marriage certificiates to be shown on the individual summary reports. I now wish to remove these from the report sheets. However I do want the images to still be linked to the records.

ID:5885
tatewise
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Post by tatewise »

Assuming the settings are similar to all later versions of FH then open any Individual Summary Report and open its Report Options.
(Either menubar Reports > Report Options or the Options button on the right.)

Depending where your images are linked you should use either the Pictures tab or the Sources tab.

The Pictures tab applies to images linked directly to Individual Records and reducing the Max Pics fields to 0 will inhibit them.

The Sources tab applies to images linked to Source Records or Citations and unticking Show Source Pictures &/or Show Source Citation Pictures or reducing the Max Pics Per Source/Citation to 0 will inhibit them.
Sylvia5401
Gold
Family Historian: V2

Post by Sylvia5401 »

Thank you, the pictures tab was the one that worked. All the fields are now 0. I will now know where to go should I decide I do need to put any images on in the future. Thanks
jeemo
Famous
Family Historian: V5

Post by jeemo »

The previous solution disallows any other source images being displayed in your report.  An alternative approach is to select the Source tab and then open the Property Box for the Source involved.  Select the Multimedia tab and then double-click on the image involved. On the bottom right tick the 'Exclude from Reports' box and then it will not show.  Maybe this can be done in bulk with a query but otherwise each Source will have to be done individually.

Sylvia, I am presuming your question is relating to sources. However the same method can be followed if the image is attached to an individual or family by selecting the Multimedia tab in the Individual's or Families' Property Box.
tatewise
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Post by tatewise »

John is absolutely correct.

My technique using Report Options adjusts global settings that affect entire entire sets of images, but it is quick and easy to change.

John's technique adjusts every Multimedia link individually. If a Multimedia image is linked to several Records, it even allows some links to be excluded from Reports and others included for the same image. However, as he says, each and every link has to be adjusted separately. I am not aware of any simple short-cuts.