* Gedstar Pro

Importing from another genealogy program? This is the place to ask. Questions about Exporting should go in the Exporting sub-forum of the General Usage forum.
steveflanuk
Diamond
Family Historian: V6.2

Gedstar Pro

Post by steveflanuk »

I have this as my Gedcom viewer on my phone and tablet. Everything has been working fine upto last night.

Tried to convert my Gedcom file to the Gedstar Pro format but it keeps crashing.

I'very tried re-installing the latest version, as well as re-installing an earlier version (which I've previously used with no issues) - but no matter which version I use - the program crashes every time. I'm also on Windows 10 and have used the converter with this OS before.

This was my favourite Gedcom app as it is a standalone app and would show all images as well.

Just wondering if anyone else has had any problems, or if there are any known issues.
steveflanuk
Diamond
Family Historian: V6.2

Re: Gedstar Pro

Post by steveflanuk »

All fixed now. Typical - post a message here and then realise where I've gone wrong.

I was using the Export Gedcom Plug In - however, since I last loaded my Gedcom to Gedstar Pro, I must now have an entry that was causing Gedstar Pro to crash.

My problem was that I was exporting as Standard Gedcom (which I used to do before), instead of choosing the Gedstar Pro specific option. :roll:

All fixed now - and I'm a happy bunny again!! :D