* Address Field Data not Exporting

Importing from another genealogy program? This is the place to ask. Questions about Exporting should go in the Exporting sub-forum of the General Usage forum.
ColinBeaver
Diamond
Family Historian: V6.2

Address Field Data not Exporting

Post by ColinBeaver »

When I export to either Heredis or My Heritage, only the data in the Place Field is exported, not including the Address Field data.

Is there a way to be able to also export the Address Field; can I for example combine the Address and Place Fields data prior to export.

Thanks
tatewise
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Re: Address Field Data not Exporting

Post by tatewise »

You have discovered that GEDCOM is not as fully supported across all products as in FH.
There are as many different dialects of GEDCOM as there are genealogy products.
The core details are often OK, but many products omit some fields (such as Address), and many (including FH) have their own customisations (such as Place records, and Fact Witnesses, and Media Face Frames).

That is why I wrote the Export Gedcom File Plugin, which has specific options for each product.
It already has an option for (HER) Heredis by BSD Concept.
Early this year I plan to add (MYH) MyHeritage Tree as others have asked for that.
(See Private Data is Exported via GEDCOM file (14444)).
The general strategy is to put the Address details into some labelled Note field text.
See plugins:help:export_gedcom_file:export_gedcom_file|> Export Gedcom File Plugin for details.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
tatewise
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Re: Address Field Data not Exporting

Post by tatewise »

Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry