* Strategies for using FH 6.2.2 with MyHeritage

Importing from another genealogy program? This is the place to ask. Questions about Exporting should go in the Exporting sub-forum of the General Usage forum.
David Potter
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Strategies for using FH 6.2.2 with MyHeritage

Post by David Potter »

Hi Forum

I'm interested in purchasing a subscription to MyHeritage, but before I do this may I ask if any of you use a particular strategy when using FH with MyHeritage?

I'm thinking more along the lines of how do you keep things synchronised? I know you can do the following but what happens when you add some matches in MH and want to bring these back down in a controlled manner in FH?

GEDCOM from FH to MH (web)
GEDCOM to MH (Tree Builder) to MH (web)

Any comments very welcome.

BR

David
tatewise
Megastar

Re: Strategies for using FH 6.2.2 with MyHeritage

Post by tatewise »

I don't use MyHeritage because I think it inferior to FindMyPast and Ancestry, but why not simply use how_to:internet_data_matches|> Internet Data Matches in FH to get the matching MyHeritage 'hints'? No need to transfer any GEDCOM anywhere.

You then transfer whatever records you find in the same way as if you found them anywhere else, and will usually involve AS for the standard BMD & Census records.

There is nothing magic about matches or 'hints'. They are just a shortcut to finding appropriate records in much the same way as the Lookup Missing BMD/Census Records Plugins.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
David Potter
Megastar

Re: Strategies for using FH 6.2.2 with MyHeritage

Post by David Potter »

Hi MIke

Thanks for the feedback. I'll mull it over as they say...

BR

David