* Auto text - bug?

AS allows faster and more convenient creation of source records for Family Historian.
Valkrider
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Auto text - bug?

Post by Valkrider »

I was just entering a marriage into AS.

I entered the information and then clicked the Auto button in Text: selecting post 1837 Parish Register and the Auto option box was ticked.

I then realised that I had missed entering the Grooms age and residence address so went back and added them. His age was auto added to the text but not his address. I then deleted all the content in the text box and clicked Auto and then it showed the Grooms address correctly.

Is this a bug or is there a step I missed?
tatewise
Megastar

Re: Auto text - bug?

Post by tatewise »

I cannot repeat those symptoms.
If you can repeat it, then post a screenshot.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
Valkrider
Megastar

Post by Valkrider »

Mike

I tried it a second time and got exactly the same so I thought I would do a screen recording. Needless to say the third time, when I was recording it, it didn't do it. So I rebooted and tried a 4th time and this time it was also fine so it must have been JOOTT.

I have found another issue which I will start a new thread on as I have done a screen cast of that.
johnmorrisoniom
Megastar

Post by johnmorrisoniom »

If you have not edited the auto text (After clicking Auto) then any changes made in the data entry will also update.
If you have made changes to the auto generated text (Even just adding a space), and then add more data the auto generated text will NOT update. Just clicking Autotext and choosing the template will come up with a warning before overwriting your changes
Valkrider
Megastar

Post by Valkrider »

Thanks for that @Johnmorrisoniom that is probably what I did as I found an error in the text that I think I corrected before adding the address the first couple of times.