* Unwanted Individual Relationship Analysis

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
David Potter
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Unwanted Individual Relationship Analysis

Post by David Potter »

Hi Forum

I'm not sure this is actually possible, but if you don't ask...

Apart from the Relationship Calculator result to Root Person in the Individual Record List. Is there a 'Smart' analytical tool that can calculate how far away an Individual is from the 'general' Family Line for the Root person?

I'm trying to determine those people that are 'superfluous' or exist as 'collateral' and introduced to the database without a great deal of thought via my TMG migration. If no tool exists - does anyone have any good suggestions on how to handle this please.

Many thanks.
tatewise
Megastar

Re: Unwanted Individual Relationship Analysis

Post by tatewise »

There are a number of existing and potential options.

There are several Standard Queries such as Relations and Nearest Relationship starting with the word Relations...
They list relatives of any chosen person, but if you use the cog Query Menu > Run and Invert Result Set it lists non-relatives.

The Standard Query > Search For Orphans actually lists everyone by Relationship Pool number.
Those in a different Relationship Pool are totally unrelated even by marriage.

Take a look at the functions =IsAncestorOf(...), =IsDescendantOf(...), =IsRelativeOf(...), =Relationship(...), and in particular =RelationCode(...) which has various parameter options for assessing relationship distances, and can be employed in a Query.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
David Potter
Megastar

Re: Unwanted Individual Relationship Analysis

Post by David Potter »

Wow - That's sounds perfect. I'll have a look into this Mike.

Thanks very much indeed.