* Parents in the Focus Window

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
imac_boy
Platinum
Family Historian: V6

Parents in the Focus Window

Post by imac_boy »

I am a bit baffled! :o I have some how managed to mess something up with one of my families.

When I focus on an individual child of that family, the parents are not initially shown above the child in the Focus Window - instead there is a scroll button at the side of the parents box (which are initially blank). To show the respective parents of the child, I have to hit the scroll button and then they appear!

Any ideas how to sort this one out please?? :)
tatewise
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Re: Parents in the Focus Window

Post by tatewise »

Are the missing parents shown with the usual blue boxes with pale blue links to Add Father and Add Mother?
It sounds like you have added that Child to a Family record with no Parents in addition to their correct Family with correct Parents.

In the Child's Property Box click on the All tab and there should be two Parents family entries.
The first one will say ...of (parents not known).
Click on the small white square next to the icon to expand the details.
Does it just list Father and Mother < click here to insert link (...) > possibly with Siblings like this:
UnwantedParents.png
UnwantedParents.png (13.99 KiB) Viewed 2990 times
Select that blue Parents family entry on left and hit the Delete key or use Edit > Delete.
Then OK the warning.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
imac_boy
Platinum
Family Historian: V6

Re: Parents in the Focus Window

Post by imac_boy »

Spot on! Thank you very much - I had tried other things, but nothing seemed to work! You certainly are a most wise owl tatewise!