* Make one Box larger than all others in a Diagram

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
Tombaston
Famous
Family Historian: V6.2

Make one Box larger than all others in a Diagram

Post by Tombaston »

I am making an Ancestor and Descendent Diagram for my grandmother and would like the box for her to be larger than all others. I am thinking there may be a way to do this with a text scheme so that if the record number matches her then all the fonts in the box will be twice the size, which will force the box to be bigger,

I am using a custom version of the Birth, Marr, Death text scheme, but I can't see how I can edit the items in the scheme so they only apply for my grandmother's record

Any thoughts?
Regards

Dave
BillH
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Re: Make one Box larger than all others in a Diagram

Post by BillH »

Dave,

I don't know if you can increase the font in just one box, but you can make the box bigger . On the menu, select Diagram > Enable Moving/Resizing. Then you can select the box and use the little squares on the box to make the box bigger or smaller or to move it somewhere else.
Bill Henshaw
tatewise
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Post by tatewise »

Yes, it is a bit tricky, because you cannot use the Record Id as a Font condition in a Text Scheme.

The way to achieve it is to set a unique Record Flag called say Grandmother on her Individual record.
Then that can be used to condition the Font Change settings.

Then in the Edit Text Scheme dialogue insert two Font Change items.
One goes at the top above all other Used Items to override the Initial Font set in the headings.
The other goes below the existing Font Change item following the Picture Marker item.

Edit both Font Change items to <<Select the desired font, and tick Flag Condition for Grandmother.
Click OK out, and the font and box should enlarge as necessary.
If still not large enough then use Diagram > Enable Moving/Resizing, select the box and drag its handles.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
Tombaston
Famous
Family Historian: V6.2

Post by Tombaston »

Text scheme change works a treat, thanks. I will probably also stretch the box to add a bit more white space.
Regards

Dave