* Pictures with several people on

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
Klaus Yde
Famous
Family Historian: V7

Pictures with several people on

Post by Klaus Yde »

I have several pictures with more than one person on, where I link to the faces. I had hoped it was possible to make a report where it was possible to see which persons there was on the picture and with identification of the persons for example with numbered frames on the picture. But I am only able to get a list along the picture, without any means to see who is who, which is nor very useful.

Is it possible to get FH to generate such a a list? Or have i to do it manually in Word an put it belong the picture?

Kind Regards

Klaus Yde
Denmark
tatewise
Megastar

Re: Pictures with several people on

Post by tatewise »

FH does not offer anything exactly like that, but here are some suggestions.

1) Publish > Media Report
Select the group photo and the whole photo is displayed, with a section for each person and their Face Frame photo.
The main Note on the group photo is shown as the Caption so that could list the names in the order in the photo.
Use the Report > Options to reduce the amount of unwanted details and spacing such as:
  • Data Items tab Hide everything except Title and Date
  • Pictures tab make picture Size smaller and untick Show Captions
  • Sources tab untick Show Sources
  • Format tab set Heading Level 2 & 3 to smaller Font Size and smaller Gap both Above & Below Hdg
That gets about six people on one page.
Remember to use Save Report As > Custom Report Type to preserve those settings for future use.

2) Edit Group Photo
Use a photo editor to add the numbered face frames to the photo image and add that image to FH.
Even the caption below could be edited into the photo image.
Then wherever that group photo appears in any FH Reports the faces are identified.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
Klaus Yde
Famous

Re: Pictures with several people on

Post by Klaus Yde »

Hi Tatewise

Thanks for prompt answer - That solution is absolutely useful. It is incredible what the program can do. (when You find out how to ;-D)

Kind regards

Klaus Yde