* opening from a computer

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
billtreid@gmail.com
Family Historian: V3

opening from a computer

Post by billtreid@gmail.com »

I have not used FH V3 for some time. I originally built my tree and exported it to Genes Reunited which I have used since. However I wish to start another new tree. I created one last night but today when I opened it, all I could access, was relative history and a list on names entered. How do I access it again to add more information and view the tree. There is nothing in the instruction manual about this and I cannot remember how I accessed it the previous time. Any help would be appreciated
BillR
tatewise
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Re: opening from a computer

Post by tatewise »

Welcome to the FHUG Bill.
I have moved this posting to the FH General Usage Forum because the User Group Forum is "for help on using this site".

FH V3 is quite limited in features, and 7+ years old, so very few will be able to give advice nowadays.
Its main interface is the Records Window list you mention.

I do have an old demo version, and with some investigation, I suspect yesterday you used Insert > New Individual (in diagram) and then from the Property Box added Spouse and Children.
To get the Diagram displayed today, select an Individual in the list, and use one of the View Ancestors/Descendants/Relatives tree diagram icons in the middle of the main toolbar, or use the View > Standard Diagrams menu command which also shows the same icon driven diagram options.

Not sure what you mean by "relative history".

Have you reviewed the Help > Manual: "Getting the Most From FH"?

Maybe it is time to invest just £36 to get the latest version that is much easier to use.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry