* Web pages

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
Klaus Yde
Famous
Family Historian: V7

Web pages

Post by Klaus Yde »

I have used FH 6.2 for some time and would now try to generate some webpages. I have it working after some tryouts ;). But I have not been able to generate a set of pages with a tree structure as in the program.

How to do that (link)? Or as I suspect - it is not possible?

Kind regards

Klaus Yde
Denmark
tatewise
Megastar

Re: Web pages

Post by tatewise »

You are correct Klaus, that FH Web pages do not include Diagram style tree structures by default.

See how_to:make_family_tree|> Make a Family Tree CD/DVD or Website for advice on using those features.
In how_to:make_family_tree:step_4_add_items_for_table_of_contents|> Family Tree Wizard ~ Step 4 – Add Items for Table of Contents you can add any Diagram image linked to the Table of Contents.
Alternatively, see how_to:make_family_tree:diagram_hyperlinks_pdf|> Family Tree Tips ~ Diagram Hyperlinks PDF to add a PDF Diagram with hyperlinks to each Individual.

See the Improve Website or CD DVD HTML Plugin that adds other features.

See Wish List Ref 246 Family Tree Diagrams in CD/DVD/Website pages that you can Vote for.

It is also possible to create free online family trees using such as Ancestry, FindMyPast, ZoomPast, etc, by simply uploading a Gedcom file derived from the Export Gedcom File Plugin. There is also a new http://www.gedsite.com/ tool but it is not free.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
Klaus Yde
Famous

Post by Klaus Yde »

Thanks a lot for the quick answer and the useful links. I am somewhat surprised that FH is not able to generate webtrees. Even Legacy is able to do it rather nicely and I had expected FH to do it even better.

I have cast a vote for it and hope it will be implemented in the near future.

Kind regards

Klaus Yde
tatewise
Megastar

Post by tatewise »

Did you understand that you can add your own 'webtrees' to the FH Table of Contents, and that other web tools let you create dynamic webtrees? ZoomPast is particularly novel.
Klaus Yde
Famous

Post by Klaus Yde »

Hi Mike

I did read that - but as I already also have a full TNG website - I will probably just link to that. I had just hoped for a solution more like the offline tree of FH. I don't know Zoompast - but I will check it out.

Kind regards

Klaus Yde
Klaus Yde
Famous

Re: Web pages - zoompast

Post by Klaus Yde »

Hi Mike

ZoomPast is really smart. Thanks a lot for reminding me. I have made an account and loaded a gedcom file. Really nice.

Kind regards

Klaus Yde
tatewise
Megastar

Post by tatewise »

Did you use the Export Gedcom File Plugin that ensures as much detail as possible is retained for each product, because they all use slightly different dialects of Gedcom for their custom features.

Note that is also the case for your TNG website, which has several special features as described in plugins:help:export_gedcom_file:tng_the_next_generation|> Export Gedcom File ~ (TNG) The Next Generation that is an extract from the Plugin Help & Advice pages.