* Problem with Flags

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
Zara
Silver
Family Historian: V6

Problem with Flags

Post by Zara »

As I was finding documents on the internet I created a flag against an individual in order to return to that individual at a later time to download often lengthy army records.
Today I did a standard query to retrieve the records I had marked and found that half the results returned were women. When I looked into it further I found that flagging a record created a flag on the spouse's record too and that when I deleted the spouse's flag it deleted the partner's flag as well.
I have looked through the knowledge base and the forums but haven't come across anything similar as a problem. There's nothing in FH Help that gives a clue. Any help would be appreciated.
I am using v6.2
tatewise
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Re: Problem with Flags

Post by tatewise »

Welcome to your first posting on the FHUG Zara.

I have used record Flags regularly and cannot repeat your symptoms.

Exactly what commands are you using to add and remove the Flag?

I suspect that whatever technique you use, it is selecting both Spouse records by mistake, so in the Record Flags dialogue it says Individual records selected: 2.

BTW: You can identify you are using FH V6.2 in your FHUG Profile shown to the right of your posting ~ just click your username Zara top right of your posting and then Edit Profile.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
Zara
Silver

Post by Zara »

Hi Tatewise
I had set up a custom flag by selecting Edit, Record Flags and New. I named it Army Records, clicked OK. Then when I find a record I want to return to later I go into Edit, Record flags and tick the Army Records box then click OK.
Both records are marked and if I remove the flag on one it removes it from both.
Zara
Silver

Post by Zara »

Hi again Tatewise

I have just looked in the Record Flag dialogue box and it show 1 individual selected.
tatewise
Megastar
Family Historian: V7

Post by tatewise »

If the Record Flags dialogue says Individual records selected: 1 it is not obvious how 2 records get affected.

Where are you looking to check the Flag is set?

Does the problem affect other Flags too, such as Living and Private?

I presume are using the standard Has Flag query?

If all else fails then try re-installing the latest free download FH V6.2 over the existing installation.
If that does not work then Contact Support via http://www.family-historian.co.uk/suppo ... t-overview.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
Zara
Silver

Post by Zara »

Hi Mike
Thanks for the suggestion. Have downloaded the latest upgrade but it has made no difference so I'll get onto the support group and see if they can help.

Thanks again for your help.