* Editing a Flag Name in v6.2.2

Questions regarding use of any Version of Family Historian. Please ensure you have set your Version of Family Historian in your Profile. If your question fits in one of these subject-specific sub-forums, please ask it there.
rfj1001
Superstar
Family Historian: V7

Editing a Flag Name in v6.2.2

Post by rfj1001 »

I created a flag a while back but now want to modify its name. Can't seem to work out how to do it or find anything in Help or KB.

Any help would be appreciated.

Tx.

Robin
tatewise
Megastar

Re: Editing a Flag Name in v6.2.2

Post by tatewise »

Yes Robin, it is not immediately obvious.
Use Tools > Named Lists and Flags.
Choose a Named List and the Record Flag you want to change.
Use option 4 to add Individuals with the Flag to the chosen List.
Then use option 3 to clear that Flag.
Finally edit the Record Flag name in the box at the top, and use option 1 to set that Flag on all Individuals in the List.
Mike Tate ~ researching the Tate and Scott family history ~ tatewise ancestry
rfj1001
Superstar

Post by rfj1001 »

Thanks Mike, I'm not sure I'd ever have worked that one out :)

I've tried a couple of times (luckily with a backup) and I'm finding that the software is responding that my new name is too close to the old one. I've got around that by just reworking your procedure twice through a very different named new flag called temp.

When I've done that I'm noticing that the flag with the original name is still in the flag list as well as a flag with the revised name. I'll spend a bit of time to see what is happening and what flags are set/not set as well as double check that I'm following your instructions correctly.
LornaCraig
Megastar

Post by LornaCraig »

You should find that the old unused flag name is no longer there after you close FH and re-open it.

If it is still there, use Tools>Named Lists and Flags and select the old flag then click Flag Status, and make sure Always include this record flag in flag lists in not ticked. (The option is there in case you want to keep a flag for future use).
Lorna