* Admin on Holiday

News and Announcements from the Family Historian World
Jane
Site Admin
Family Historian: V7

Admin on Holiday

Post by Jane »

I am off on my travels again this time to lecture on Family Historian in Australia.

While I am away contact messages will not be picked up.
Jane
My Family History : My Photography "Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."
GeniAus
Gold
Family Historian: V6

Re: Admin on Holiday

Post by GeniAus »

Now let's be honest Jane. It was a busman's holiday for you and your willing personal assistant.

You joined the 4th Unlock the Past Cruise in Sydney and conducted daily workshops for a group of FH users and converts on board. As well as Australians a couple of users from South Africa attended your workshops.

We are indebted to you for all the information and advice you so freely imparted. You made me realise that it was a wise decision to ditch the software package I had been using for 12 years and make the move over to Family Historian.

I'll probably forget much of what I learnt but my main takeaway was that Family Historian is a powerful program that will allow me to retrieve, in a myriad of ways, all that data I have stored. I feel confident in using the program to store my family stories.

An added bonus was the lecture you gave on photography, it was one of the most successful and talked about sessions on the cruise.

Thank you for your contribution to my cruise experience.
Jane
Site Admin
Family Historian: V7

Re: Admin on Holiday

Post by Jane »

Thanks Jill,

Well yes, but it also gave me a chance to explore a little of Australia and hopefully help a few more Australians get to grips with FH. I got back yesterday and am just sorting out everything which built up while we were away.

Back to normality now.
Jane
My Family History : My Photography "Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."